Rwanda Entrepreneurs to be connected with India-Rwanda Innovation Growth Programme .Apply Now
The India-Rwanda Innovation Growth Programme (IRIGP) is a first of its kind initiative between India and Rwanda to foster and strengthen the bilateral relationship purely based on Science, Technology and Innovation. The Programme is an initiative of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, implemented by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and the National Industrial Research and Development Agency (NIRDA), Ministry of Trade and Industry, Government of Rwanda.
IRIGP objective is to match the socio-economic needs of Rwanda by linking the Rwandan public and private enterprises with leading edge Indian technologies and innovations. The Programme will deploy 20 demonstrated and validated Indian technologies and innovations over a period of two years. The joint projects/ventures created with Rwandan partners will deliver at least 20 sustainable social enterprises that will stimulate economic impact development in Rwanda.
In the first year (2017), over 230 Indian companies/institutions applied to the Programme to scale their technologies in Rwanda by partnering with Rwandan entrepreneurs. After a multi-stage thorough evaluation by experts from both India and Rwanda, 30 Indian technologies and innovations are shortlisted and now offered to the Rwandan entrepreneurs.
This is a Call to seek firm Expression of Interest from Rwandan private and public enterprises and entities to apply through an online process, fill and submit applications to collaborate with the chosen 30 Indian technologies in the following sectors:
· Cereals Processing
· Agriculture and Fertilizers
· IT & ICT
· Water and Sanitation
· Renewable Energy
· Leather Processing
· Soaps & Detergents
· NIRDA & FICCI officials available in Kigali to answer all queries related to Programme and technologies/ innovations
· Once both Indian and Rwandan enterprises / entities complete initial match-making, help them negotiate and structure MoUs / Business Engagement Agreements
· An “Acceleration Workshop” to be conducted in Rwanda – help structuring technology transfer from India and intake in Rwanda, business modeling for Rwanda
· Receive Mentoring Support by Subject Matter Experts from India and Rwanda
· Final Matched Rwandan Enterprises receive hands-on Training in India at Indian Partner site
· Participate in exclusive Technology Expos organised in India and Rwanda under Programme
Log in & Submit your Expression of Interest. Click here
Last Date to Apply: 7-December-2017