Apply for YALI Leadership free training in Kenya
Who Should Apply?
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
• Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
• Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
• Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
• Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
• Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
Deadline: 5th June 2017
Business and Entrepreneurship
Selection Process and Criteria
Selection for participation in the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition. All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program is issued.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
• A demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
• Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
• The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
• Strong social and communication skills.
• An energetic, positive attitude.
• A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
• A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply,click here