Apply for WAAW Foundation 2017 Scholarship( only women)
Deadline: September 30, 2016
Applicants are invited for WAAW Foundation 2017 scholarship. These scholarships are available for African women to study as full-time students in a STEM-related course at a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.
Study Subjects: The scholarship is awarded in the field of Agriculture, Aircraft engineering, Architecture, Bio Medical, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil engineering and urbanism, Computer Science, Construction technology and management , Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Industrial Chemistry, IT, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology.
WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa;
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program;
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa;
- Demonstrable financial need, and;
- Excellent Academic Record;
- Below the age of 32 years;
- Graduation date is after December of award year.
Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2016 academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Prior scholarship recipient may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
Your application will include the following:
Application form filled out completely. We will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
Personal and Contact Information.
Educational background and Family Information.
Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have you essay responses ready before you begin the application.
1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
3. Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
To apply, complete this application form